Front Desk Supervisor
Assists the Hotel Manager in all duties of the front desk operation, with a focus of providing excellent customer service. Assists the Hotel Manager in staff training, inter-department communications, and staff scheduling. Maximizes revenue through cost control and proper front desk techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Hotel Manager in ensuring staff provides excellent guest services
- Assist Hotel Manager in hiring, training, coaching, and disciplining staff
- Determine work procedures and prepares work schedules to ensure the smooth operation of the front desk
- Assist Hotel Manager in empowering staff to successfully handle guest needs, special requests, and complaints
- Assist Hotel Manager in ensuring all guest service issues are resolved prior to guests leaving the property
- Assist Hotel Manager in training staff on proper reservation procedures, including successful selling techniques, current specials and/or promotions, and rate structures
- Effectively communicates and maintains teamwork among all hotel departments and Hotel Manager
- Strive to be innovative in new programs designed to maximize efficiency and increase productivity
- Assist Hotel Manager in performing administrative and financial duties such as daily reports, credit card reversals, accounts receivables, rooming lists, and office supply inventory
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of two years of experience at a front desk with complete understanding of front office operations. Previous experience in hospitality management preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Superior customer service and public relations skills. Excellent organization and time management skills.