Prepare, season, and cook soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foods in restaurants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, using date dots label system and rotating stock
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption
- Prepare Banquet and Buffet food
- Any and all job duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including early and late shifts, including weekends and holidays.