Sales and Catering Manager
Generates revenue to meet or exceed budget expectations. Coordinates activities between Sales and Hotel Banquet departments. Works closely with the Banquet and Sales Team to assist in developing an effective marketing plan and direct the sales effort as described in the marketing plan. Executes sales policies and programs to foster and promote hotel and banquet patronage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet and exceed Food and Beverage revenue goals through catering sales goals for meeting space and promoting other food and beverage outlets.
- Meet individual weekly goals in prospecting, outside sales calls and site visits.
- Utilize sales skills, effectively negotiating prices and closing contracts with newly established accounts.
- Ensure prompt and systematic servicing of all business accounts, responsible for proper maintenance of accounts.
- Respond promptly to all inquiries, lead referrals, and existing clients; resulting in documentation of all communication preferably within 4 hours,
- Identify and analyze competition, both locally and regionally.
- Assist in development and maintaining marketing plan and sales budget in conjunction with Director of Sales.
- Quote room rental and F&B prices to potential Private Event clients and negotiate F&B minimums and rental fees with clients during inquiry process.
- Design new programs and campaigns to develop additional sales from the various market niches including banquet business, using a variety of prospecting methods including: call on past and prospective clients, outside calls, cold calling and conduct on-site visits.
- Maintain all sales records and reports, traces of history and potentials, logs of groups not previously accommodated, and mailing lists.
- Maintain active involvement in the surrounding community and in the weddings, meetings, and catering community.
- Maintain a list of preferring outside vendors (audio visual, transportation, entertainment, florists, etc) to accommodate client needs.
- Assist in menu planning with Executive Chef.
- Conduct weekly Banquet event meetings.
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
- Responsible for all issues surrounding catering events and wedding blocks, including billing, guest issues, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education/Experience: Degree in Business or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of two to three years of sales experience required; hospitality sales preferred. Excellent leadership skills. Ability to be innovative and self-motivated. Must be able to work independently and have the drive to succeed.
- Language Skills: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers, co-workers, and managers. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintaining instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees or the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instruction furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Internet software; Property System Software; and Sales Software.
- Other: Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays. Must have a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory motor vehicle record and use of a vehicle which is insured and maintained in good condition. Some travel may be required.
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com or at Hospitalityonline.com