Take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and seat guests
- Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request
- Take orders from patrons for food or beverages
- Check patrons' identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes
- Serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems
- Collect payments from customers
- Clean service work areas and tables
- Complete paperwork and make payment drop into cash drawer
- Any and all job duties as assigned
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including Late shifts, weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.