Executive Housekeeper Job Description
The Whitehall Hotel
Directs institutional housekeeping program to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of establishment by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish standard operating procedures for work of housekeeping staff as necessary
- Hire, train, and discipline housekeeping and laundry staff members
- Communicate with all departments to ensure excellent guest experience
- Plan work schedules to ensure adequate service
- Inspect and evaluate physical condition of establishment
- Submit recommendations for painting, repairs, furnishings, relocation of equipment, and reallocation of space to management
- Periodically inventories supplies and equipment
- Completes purchasing orders based on hotel demand
- Investigates new and improved cleaning instruments and methods
- Selects and purchases new furnishings
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent. Three years prior hotel housekeeping experience. Basic purchasing and inventory skills. Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; and Internet software. Property Management software experience preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.