Hotel Security Officer Job Description
Hotel Security Officer
The Whitehall Hotel
Patrols hotel premises to maintain order, enforce regulations, and ensure observance of applicable laws by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Patrol lobbies, corridors, public rooms, and back parking lot
- Confer with management, interviews guests and employees, and interrogates persons to detect infringements and investigate disturbances, complaints, thefts, vandalisms, and accidents
- Patrol public areas to detect fires, unsafe conditions, and missing or inoperative safety equipment
- Warn or ejects troublemakers, and cautions careless persons
- Obtain assistance for accident victims and writes incident reports
- Notify staff of presence of persons with questionable reputations
- Assist management and enforcement officers in emergency situations
- Administer the lost and found
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.