House Attendant Job Description
The Whitehall Hotel
Perform any combination of light cleaning duties to maintain commercial establishments, such as hotels and restaurants in a clean and orderly manner. Duties include making beds, replenishing linens, cleaning rooms and halls, and vacuuming.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms, executive offices and other work areas so that health standards and hotel standards are met
- Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies, using vacuum cleaners and shampooers
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean and tidy
- Sweep, scrub, wax, or polish floors, using brooms, mops, or powered scrubbing and waxing machines
- Deliver supplies to room attendants and restock supply closets
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent. Two years prior hotel housekeeping experience. Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.