Guest Service Agent
The Whitehall Hotel
Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay by working with all hotel personnel to ensure every guest experiences superior customer care. Responsibilities include registering guests, assigning rooms, accommodating special requests, and ensuring the guests have a pleasant stay and smooth checkout.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent guest service
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Possess a working knowledge of the reservations department, takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary, knows cancellation procedures
- Knowledgeable of room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates
- Register arriving guests and assigns rooms
- Coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests, and part-day rooms
- Coordinate guest room maintenance work with the engineering and maintenance division
- Uses persuasive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel
- Know daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel and surrounding areas
- Report any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager
- Manage and resolves all guest complaints in a professional and courteous manner
- Process guest check-outs and handles monetary transactions
- Maintain customers’ privacy
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance and demeanor
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate with public, hotel staff, and management in a professional manner. Knowledge of proper telephone etiquette. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintaining instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Previous hotel-related experience preferred. Knowledge of surrounding areas and local events. Ability to understand and adhere to proper credit, check cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures. Knowledge of how to properly secure guest information. Skilled in the use of front office equipment.