Reservation Agent Job Description
The Whitehall Hotel
Accurately and efficiently handles all hotel reservation inquiries and requests, and relays incoming calls. Provides courteous, prompt and professional responses, while promoting hotel services and ensuring maximum room revenues. Assists in administrative duties as they relate to booking, tracking, charging, handling, and inputting reservations or promoting the hotel’s pricing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process reservations delivered by telephone, email, mail, fax, central reservations systems, sales office, and travel agents; and prepares letters of confirmation
- Communicate reservations information to the front desk
- Know types of rooms available, as well as their location and layout; Track future room availabilities on the basis of reservations
- Process cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the front desk
- Stay abreast of selling status, rates, and benefits of all hotel package plans
- Process preferred accounts
- Help develop room revenue and occupancy forecasts
- Promote superior customer care by being courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, managers, and fellow employees
- Answer, screens and routes outside and interoffice calls
- Assist with any guest questions
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent. One year of previous customer service or reservations experience, preferably in a hotel environment. Knowledge of surrounding areas and local events. Knowledge of how to properly secure guest information. Skilled in the use of front office equipment.
- Ability to communicate with public, hotel staff, and management in a professional manner. Possess telephone communication skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence potential hotel guests.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.