Restaurant Supervisor Job Description
The Whitehall Hotel
Assists the Restaurant Manager and Hotel General Manager in managing servers engaged in preparing and serving food and drinks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in training workers in service, sanitation, and safety procedures
- Assists in compiling and balance cash receipts at the end of the day or shift
- Conduct pre-shift meetings with staff members in absence of the Manager
- Perform various financial activities such as cash handling, deposit preparation, and payroll in absence of the Manager
- Resolve customer complaints regarding food service
- Assist in controlling inventories of food, equipment, small ware, and liquor, and report shortages to designated personnel
- Assist in purchasing supplies and equipment needed to ensure quality and timely delivery of services
- Observe and evaluate workers and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service
- Assist in hiring and disciplining staff members
- Assist in conducting Big 4 inventory
- Assist in the end year budget and attend meetings
- Assist in performing beverage inventory monthly
- Schedule associates to ensure adequate staff in absence of the Manager
- Any and all job duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Local Health Department Sanitation Certification and T.I.P.S. Certificate preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including early and late shifts, weekends and holidays. Available to open and close the restaurant. A minimum work week consists of 50-55 hours.