Sales Coordinator Job Description
The Whitehall Hotel
Provide support for the Sales Department in administrative capacity by maintaining sales databases, composing and following up on proposals and agreements, preparing statistical reports, handling sensitive and confidential information, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, following up with clients or meeting planners, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings and appointments, and coordinates travel arrangements for the Sales Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize sales skills, effectively negotiating prices and closing contracts with newly established accounts
- Compose and follow-up on client proposals and agreements to ensure proper paperwork is approved, signed and proper information is maintained in all database systems.
- Answer high-level phone calls and e-mails, ensuring that proper follow-up is taken in many cases by directing the phone calls to the appropriate parties, answering questions directly or taking messages.
- Assist in building, maintaining and servicing accounts and fostering business relationships through communication and ensuring that client needs are met. Ex: guest room blocks, meeting room rental space, etc.
- Assist in maintaining all sales systems, such as sales records and reports, database systems, conference calendar, traces of history and potentials, logs of groups not previously accommodated, and mailing lists.
- Assist in ensuring all deadlines are met by the sales department including external deadlines such as agreement deadlines, submission deadlines, and internal deadlines such as cut-off dates.
- Assist in handling all requests surrounding groups or preferred accounts, including billing, guest issues, follow up, etc.
- Communicate and follow up on group needs, details and issues to other departments as necessary to ensure smooth operations, billing, and to help ensure an excellent guest experience.
- Be familiar with hotel layout, conference space and catering menus.
- Conduct site tours, and meet with walk-in clients.
- Prepare for and attend Sales meetings in conjunction with sales team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of one-year experience as Administrative Assistant, Reservations Agent or in Sales Role. Previous experience in hospitality preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers, co-workers, and managers. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintaining instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees or the organization.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Internet software; Property Management software; and Database software.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Excellent organization and time management skills.